Chicago, September 2021 - Mr. Tobias Hekster, Co-CIO of True Partner Capital USA speaks at the Global Volatility Summit.
The 12th Annual Global Volatility Summit will be held virtually from Tuesday September 21 to Thursday September 23, 2021.
The content for the annual summit is thoughtfully designed to educate institutional investors on the use of volatility and quantitative related strategies in portfolios. They can discover thoughtful trade ideas and get a better view of the current market environment through the lens of volatility. It is also a great opportunity to network with volatility experts.
The Virtual GVS will take place over three days and include panel discussions with managers and investors around the globe. The panelists include hedge fund managers across the volatility, tail hedging, quant, and macro spaces to discuss their views on the markets and the use of such strategies within the context of institutional investment portfolios.
Usually, the summit is located at Chelsea Piers in New York City. As the conference has adapted to online due to Covid-19, it is now virtual for the second year.
True Partner Capital USA manager speaker
On Tuesday, September 21 at 9:00 AM ET Tobias Hekster, Co-CIO of True Partner Capital USA in Chicago, will be a speaker again. He will discuss the volatility highlights from 2021 and predictions for 2022.
Tobias Hekster has been actively trading for the past 23 years in various different roles in several markets across the globe. Prior to his decade at True Partner, he spent most of his career at IMC, starting in 1998 as a pit trader in Amsterdam. He established the off-floor arbitrage desk, headed the Chicago office in the transition from floor trading to electronic trading, and set up the Asian volatility arbitrage desk in Hong Kong.
Tobias holds an MSc in Economics and has taught as an Adjunct Associate Professor at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and as an Adjunct Professor of Financial Practice at National Taiwan University.
Tobias has been a regular speaker at the Global Volatility Summit and has been interviewed by Bloomberg on a number of occasions to discuss market events and their implications for volatility.
For more information on the Global Volatility Summit:
- True Partner joins the Global Volatility Summit 2024 in Tokyo
- True Partner presenting in Amsterdam at the Financial Investigator Seminar “Beleggen onder de WTP”
- True Partner to join the London Volatility Investing Event
- True Partner visited Nanhua Futures - Positive Exploration and Moving Forward Together
- Navigating the pension transition
- Euronext Amsterdam gong sounds for 12th World Championship of True Partner Director
- True Partner joins Break-out session at Pensioen Pro 2023 seminar
- True Partner Capital to present at Northern Trust MarketMingle
- Joint Advertorial with Northern Trust in Het Financiele Dagblad – Northern Trust MarketMingle
- Dam tot Damloop
- More news articles >
- Go to events >