Publication on intelasia.net
intellasia.net launched a publication with the title "Asian hedge funds looks for volatility opportunities" where True partner fund is mentioned as "The best performer". We are very thankfull that our efforts and results towards our clients are noticed. Below an excerpt from the publication.
"Volatility hedge funds operating in Asia have reported some spectacular losses since 2008. Despite this, there are still funds operating in the volatility arena. What strategies are working best and why is volatility so low?
Long volatility funds such as the Barracuda fund from Singapore-based Artradis, one of the biggest funds in Asia in 2008, were forced to close due to a lack of realised volatility in the post-financial crisis period from 2009 onwards and volatility has not come back according to hedge funds in the region.
Of seven volatility arbitrage funds in Asia, only three are in positive territory in the last 12 months. The best performer has been True Partner Fund (TPF), an Asia-focused global volatility arbitrage fund, which has brought home gains of 16.73 percent since inception in July 2011.
The fund’s investment strategy revolves around buying and selling relatively undervalued and overvalued options. “The last year has shown that our strategy has been able to generate decent and stable returns while markets were in risk-on and risk-off phases,” says Ralph van Put, chief executive of TPF in Hong Kong."
The full publication is available at the website of IntellAsia.net
Go to the website of intellasia.net
Published by Ralph van Put
- Navigating the pension transition
- Euronext Amsterdam gong sounds for 12th World Championship of True Partner Director
- True Partner joins Break-out session at Pensioen Pro 2023 seminar
- True Partner Capital to present at Northern Trust MarketMingle
- Joint Advertorial with Northern Trust in Het Financiele Dagblad – Northern Trust MarketMingle
- Dam tot Damloop
- True Partner joins Derivatives Forum Amsterdam panel discussion
- True Partner Capital to participate at FOW Singapore
- True Partner joins the Annual Global Volatility Summit in New York City
- True Partner article: Are we near the top of the escalator?
- More news articles >
- Go to events >