Publication on intelasia.net
intellasia.net launched a publication with the title "Asian hedge funds looks for volatility opportunities" where True partner fund is mentioned as "The best performer". We are very thankfull that our efforts and results towards our clients are noticed. Below an excerpt from the publication.
"Volatility hedge funds operating in Asia have reported some spectacular losses since 2008. Despite this, there are still funds operating in the volatility arena. What strategies are working best and why is volatility so low?
Long volatility funds such as the Barracuda fund from Singapore-based Artradis, one of the biggest funds in Asia in 2008, were forced to close due to a lack of realised volatility in the post-financial crisis period from 2009 onwards and volatility has not come back according to hedge funds in the region.
Of seven volatility arbitrage funds in Asia, only three are in positive territory in the last 12 months. The best performer has been True Partner Fund (TPF), an Asia-focused global volatility arbitrage fund, which has brought home gains of 16.73 percent since inception in July 2011.
The fund’s investment strategy revolves around buying and selling relatively undervalued and overvalued options. “The last year has shown that our strategy has been able to generate decent and stable returns while markets were in risk-on and risk-off phases,” says Ralph van Put, chief executive of TPF in Hong Kong."
The full publication is available at the website of IntellAsia.net
Go to the website of intellasia.net
Published by Ralph van Put
- True Partner Capital USA joins the 2021 Virtual Global Volatility Summit
- True Partner panel member FOW Asia 2021
- True Partner encourages values of teamwork and fair play
- True Partner invited to Context Conversations
- True Partner article: The future ain’t what it used to be... observations on an uncertain world
- True Partner Capital contributing at online events
- True Partner Fund nominated for 2020 AsiaHedge Awards
- True Partner Capital USA joins the 2020 Virtual Global Volatility Summit
- True Partner panel member at FOW’s Trading Asia Online Conference
- True Partner article: Let’s not normalize what’s not normal