Publication on intelasia.net
intellasia.net launched a publication with the title "Asian hedge funds looks for volatility opportunities" where True partner fund is mentioned as "The best performer". We are very thankfull that our efforts and results towards our clients are noticed. Below an excerpt from the publication.
"Volatility hedge funds operating in Asia have reported some spectacular losses since 2008. Despite this, there are still funds operating in the volatility arena. What strategies are working best and why is volatility so low?
Long volatility funds such as the Barracuda fund from Singapore-based Artradis, one of the biggest funds in Asia in 2008, were forced to close due to a lack of realised volatility in the post-financial crisis period from 2009 onwards and volatility has not come back according to hedge funds in the region.
Of seven volatility arbitrage funds in Asia, only three are in positive territory in the last 12 months. The best performer has been True Partner Fund (TPF), an Asia-focused global volatility arbitrage fund, which has brought home gains of 16.73 percent since inception in July 2011.
The fund’s investment strategy revolves around buying and selling relatively undervalued and overvalued options. “The last year has shown that our strategy has been able to generate decent and stable returns while markets were in risk-on and risk-off phases,” says Ralph van Put, chief executive of TPF in Hong Kong."
The full publication is available at the website of IntellAsia.net
Go to the website of intellasia.net
Published by Ralph van Put
- True Partner Fund nominated for Asia Hedge Awards 2019
- True Partner at Context Summit Miami in January 2019
- True Partner Capital at the Tokyo Global Volatility Summit on November 2018
- True Partner Capital USA joins the New York Global Volatility Summit on March 2018
- True Partner at Context Summit Miami in February 2018
- Is your Uber driver starting to give you tips on selling vol?
- Bottoms up for volatility
- True Partner celebrates mainboard TWSE listing of Capital Futures
- True Partner panel member at FOW’s Derivative World Asia Conference
- True Partner article: 2017. And Now for Something Completely Different