Low latency trading: growing local participation
Hong Kong, April 2017 - Mr. Govert Heijboer, Co-CIO of True Partner Capital joined the 24th FOW’s Derivative World Asia Conference where the was invited as member of the panel discussion about low latency trading.
FOW Derivative World Asia has returned to Hong Kong for the region's largest derivatives conference. There are over 650 delegates to hear the latest thinking on the Asian derivatives markets. It is an exclusive opportunity for the participants to network with key industry figures in the Asian and global derivatives trading community.
Asia the new focus of Low Latency trading firms
The panel discussed the subject "Low latency trading: growing local participation". Low latency or high-frequency trading is increasingly recognized as a key component of a modern market. The number of international firms setting up operations in Asia is on the rise once again after a few years of contraction but the emergence of local HFT remains muted. This should change as the costs of entry to all but the lowest latencies are falling.
The discussion points of this panel:
- How are regional exchanges looking to work with international market makers?
- What is behind the re-emergence of international low latency firms in Asia?
- How can Asian trading firms grow their low latency businesses
A selection of other subjects discussed during the conference:
- The new normal? Trading global markets in an age of protectionism
- Currency derivatives: managing risk in an age of volatility and reform
- Commodities: embracing volatility and the return of price inflation?
- ETFs: growing liquidity in Asian markets
- Asset management: evolving to deal with new challenges
- New bilateral margining rules and their impact on the listed markets
For more information on FOW Derivative World Asia:
Published by Ralph van Put
- True Partner article: Don’t look down...
- University of Warsaw winner of Amsterdam Econometric Game 2023
- True Partner joins in-person Global Volatility Summit in Tokyo 2023
- Happy Easter
- True Partner article: Could equity volatility come from behind to win in 2023?
- Season’s Greetings
- True Partner Capital extends its investment scope in China’s domestic capital and derivatives markets
- True Partner article: Volatility Arbitrage and Tail Risk
- True Partner article: If the market ain’t broken, Vix it before it will
- True Partner Director for the 11th time IJF World Champion Judo Veterans