Publication on bloomberg.com
Article with Ralph van Put, CEO of True Partner Holding Ltd.
True Partner Holding Ltd., founded by four former Hong Kong-based employees of Saen Options BV, decided to halt roadshows for about a year, said Chief Executive Officer Ralph van Put. Four months after its inception in July 2011, True Partner principals went on a trip to Switzerland in November to visit family offices and smaller banks and realized raising money for a small global volatility arbitrage fund was an “uphill battle,” he said.
Before the four set up the Hong Kong-based hedge fund, they had generated a 70 percent return over two years trading their own capital after leaving Saen, an Amsterdam-based market-maker, in 2009, said van Put.
“We were always doing proprietary trading and never had any clients,” said van Put. “So you can imagine for us raising capital is somewhat difficult, not being in the asset-management business for a long time.”
True Partner began trading with $22 million from its partners and seed capital from Samena Asia Managers, which backs young hedge funds. True Partner’s fund returned 16.5 percent from inception through June, said van Put. It has increased assets to $34 million with investments from wealthy individuals and plans to resume marketing trips in September, he said.
The full article is available at Bloomberg.com
Go to the article at Bloomberg
- True Partner article: Volatility Arbitrage and Tail Risk
- True Partner article: If the market ain’t broken, Vix it before it will
- True Partner Director for the 11th time IJF World Champion Judo Veterans
- True Partner Capital obtains QFII license for investment in China’s domestic capital markets
- True Partner Capital USA joins the New York Global Volatility Summit on September 2022
- True Partner Capital speaker at AIF 2022
- True Partner Capital donates to the Foundation Leergeld
- True Partner Capital Netherlands receives European passport
- The return of in-person conferences is here. True Partner Capital participates!
- True Partner Capital obtains AFM license for investment services in Europe