Publication on bloomberg.com
Article with Govert Heijboer, CIO True Partner Fund
Fortress Convex Asia lost 3.1 percent through September, compared with the 7.6 percent advance in the MSCI Asia Pacific Index of shares. Jean-Noel Payer, a former Citadel LLC fund manager, started Voltex in August with backing from U.S. fund of funds Paloma Partners LLC, said a person with knowledge of the fund. Payer declined to comment on his fund’s assets or performance as the information is private.
A group of former traders of Dutch option market maker Saen Options set up True Partner Fund, a $34 million global volatility arbitrage fund that focuses on equity and equity indexes, in July 2011, said Chief Executive Officer Ralph van Put. True Partner Fund returned 7.2 percent this year through September, according to information sent to investors.
True Partner’s relative-value fund uses computer models to spot which derivatives based on equity and equity indexes overprice or underprice volatility. It engages in about 1,000 trades per day, often exploiting pricing differences across regions, said Govert Heijboer, the fund’s chief investment officer.
Sharp Peak Vega Feeder Fund, which invested in over-the- counter equity derivatives such as options and volatility swaps, lost 12 percent in the first half of this year and 18 percent since it started in October 2011. The Hong Kong-based manager decided to shut down its hedge fund after the losses, a person with knowledge of the matter said.
The full article is available at Bloomberg Businessweek.com
Go to the article at Bloomberg Businessweek
Published by Ralph van Put
- True Partner article: Volatility Arbitrage and Tail Risk
- True Partner article: If the market ain’t broken, Vix it before it will
- True Partner Director for the 11th time IJF World Champion Judo Veterans
- True Partner Capital obtains QFII license for investment in China’s domestic capital markets
- True Partner Capital USA joins the New York Global Volatility Summit on September 2022
- True Partner Capital speaker at AIF 2022
- True Partner Capital donates to the Foundation Leergeld
- True Partner Capital Netherlands receives European passport
- The return of in-person conferences is here. True Partner Capital participates!
- True Partner Capital obtains AFM license for investment services in Europe