Running for highest performing hedge funds in the category Arbitrage & Market Neutral
Hong Kong, September 2020 –– True Partner Fund's fifth AsiaHedge nomination since 2012.
True Partner Fund is nominated again for the Asia Hedge Awards. The fund has gained five nominations from 2012 to 2020 across the categories New Fund of the Year, Relative value, Arbitrage & Relative Value and Arbitrage & Market Neutral.
The annual HFM AsiaHedge Awards highlights excellence in Asia-Pacific’s hedge fund industry by honoring the highest performing funds in the region based on a combination of Sharpe ratios and absolute returns.
The Awards recognize Asia-Pacific managers that have generated the best risk-adjusted returns in their respective areas over the 12-month period from September 2019 to August 2020.
The 2020 nominations in the category Arbitrage & Market Neutral
- Jinde Capital
- True Partner Advisor - True Partner Fund
- BRIC Neutron Asset Management
- Greenland Investment Management
We are honored by the nomination, not only as a recognition for the performance of the fund but also for the work and effort of the entire team at True Partner in making this possible.
Virtual forum on 12 November
Each year, a distinguished group of the region’s most influential hedge fund managers, investors, and other industry professionals come together to celebrate the achievements of the APAC fund industry.
Due to Covid-19, this year the sessions and awards ceremony will be virtual. HFM's AsiaHedge Forum will debate the ongoing challenges presented by Covid-19, and look ahead to discuss potential investment opportunities and investor appetite, as well as featuring a dedicated update on each regional market.
A highlight of topics discussed during the sessions:
- Beyond 2020: Hedge funds emerging from corona
- Investor Outlook: Where are Asian managers raising money?
- Singapore Focus: Emerging fund structures: The rise of the VCC
Delegates will hear from leading allocators, investment managers, and service providers, and get the chance to learn, discuss, and network through this convenient virtual forum.
Rewarding Excellence in the Asia Hedge Fund Industry
All winners will be decided by a quantitative process, which aims to recognize the two primary aims of hedge funds; to manage volatility and to deliver positive returns for their investors. The Awards rely on an established methodology based on absolute and relative returns, Sharpe ratios, and minimum asset levels.
Shortlisted funds have annualized returns higher than the median returns for their peer groups and they are within 10% of their high-water marks that are set before the start of the 12-month period under review.
They are recognized as the best risk-adjusted performers in the Asia-Pacific hedge fund industry across a wide variety of categories.
The full nominee list is available on the website of HFM AsiaHedge Awards.
Published by Ralph van Put
- True Partner Fund nominated for 2020 AsiaHedge Awards
- True Partner Capital USA joins the 2020 Virtual Global Volatility Summit
- True Partner panel member at FOW’s Trading Asia Online Conference
- True Partner article: Let’s not normalize what’s not normal
- Bloomberg Publication: Hedge Funds Burned by Volatility Trades That Worked for Decades
- Bloomberg Publication: Hedge Fund True Partner Gains 13% on Volatility Bets
- Press Release: True Partner Capital Webinar guest speaker
- Bloomberg Publication: Hedge Fund Bears, Volatility Managers Thrive in Wild Markets
- True Partner article - Global cooling (in volatility): the calm before the storm?
- Press Release: Equity stake in China licensed fund manager Holland & Muh